AAUW-Illinois offers several grants available for branches. Click the links to download the relevant application.
How can your branch apply?
Local Engagement Grant (LEG), Start Smart and Work Smart Grant applications can be submitted any time during the year and will be acted on within 30 days.
Questions? Contact Carolyn Schjelderup at
AAUW-IL Finance Director
- Community Action Grants
AAUW-IL will consider funding any Community Action Grant received by an AAUW-IL branch that has been only partially funded by AAUW Funds. The branch must submit the request in writing to the AAUW-IL Finance Director , making sure to detail the project and expected expenses.
- TRIO Stipend
AAUW-IL will pay 1/3 of the expenses roughly equivalent to the registration costs, for a first time attendee at state and/or national conventions. The TRIO application is included in the LINK newsletter before each convention.
- Grants for Start Smart & Work Smart Programs
AAUW-IL will help branches establish a Start Smart or Work Smart program in their community by awarding these grants. Download the application for Start Smart and Work Smart [pdf].
- Local Engagement Grants (LEG Up)
AAUW-IL will help branches fund programs that promote and reflect the mission of AAUW. Applications can be submitted any time. Download the LEG application [pdf]
Local AAUW-IL Grants Awarded from January – July, 2019
Local Engagement Grant (LEG-Up) Recipients
- Lombard Area AAUW Branch received a Local Engagement Grant (LEG) to sponsor an ‘Election Connection Candidate Forum’ on March 13, 2019, to provide information about candidates running for local, non-partisan elections for Village Board, Library Board, Park District Board, and area School Boards.
- The Crystal Lake Area AAUW Branch was granted a Local Engagement Grant (LEG) to continue the REEL LIFE program. They have entered into an agreement with the Crystal Lake Public Library that each quarter, the library will show a currently released film with strong female leads or director followed by discussion. The event is open to the public.
Work Smart Grant Recipients
- NW Suburban AAUW Branch received a Work Smart Grant to conduct a Work Smart Workshop for approximately 40 participants at the Des Plaines Library in April of 2019.
- The Rockford Area AAUW Branch received a Work Smart Grant to conduct a Work Smart Workshop for approximately 40 participants on September 28, 2019.