AAUW – Illinois Zoom Book Discussion Group
Families Fighting Poverty in the U.S.
The AAUW-IL board has been considering a Zoom book club/study group for all Illinois AAUW members for some time. Well, it’s here!!! The subject will be Families Fighting Poverty in the U.S.
See below for registration.
After the organizational meeting, here are the books and discussion dates (dates and times TBD)):
- Tuesday, December 5, 7pm: The Sum of Us by Heather McGhee This book comes in two different editions—a longer adult version and a “teen” version. Read either one and you will have the basic ideas.
- January, 2024: Three Girls from Bronzeville by Dawn Turner-Trice
- February: Nomadland, by Jessica Bruder
- March: Forgotten Girls by Monica Potts
- TBD, Wrap up. Hoping to do something at the State Convention.
Thanks to Kate Skegg and Elaine Fisher from the Jane Addams Branch who will coordinate the Zoom meetings.
Please register in advance for the Dec 5 discussion:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.