AAUW is the oldest organization in the United States
dedicated to women and girls.
Membership is open to women and men who hold an associate degree or equivalent, or a baccalaureate or higher degree from a qualified educational institution.
Types of Membership
- Branch: Includes membership in National AAUW, AAUW-Illinois & a local branch. Find an Illinois AAUW branch near you.
- National: Includes membership only in National AAUW. An individual member is not affiliated with AAUW-Illinois nor a local branch.
Dues Amounts: July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022
A dues year runs from July 1 – June 30.
|Membership Type||Association||IL State||Comments|
|New or Renewing Member||
|Plus the branch dues. [$59 is tax-deductible.]|
|Shape the Future||
|50% Off National dues for new members who join AAUW at a public event. [$26.50 is tax-deductible.]|
|Members who are college undergraduates at a two-or four-year regionally accredited educational institution, or degree-seeking graduate students. [$16.81 is tax-deductible.] Student affiliates who attend AAUW College Partner schools are free!|
|National members do not belong to a branch nor to the AAUW-IL state organization; they belong only to national AAUW. [$59 is tax-deductible.]|
|50-Year Honorary Member||
|Branch dues may be waived as well – depends on the branch.|
Benefits of Membership
- Advocacy for women and girls in the areas of equity and education
- Receive current AAUW information along with the award-winning quarterly magazine AAUW Outlook
- Branch meetings and study group meetings
- Outstanding programming for education and leadership development
- Networking and links to women in local communities and nationwide
- Illinois AAUW E-mail Network
- Fellowships and grants to graduate women
- Support for gender discrimination plaintiffs
- Making global impact through international initiatives and partnerships
College and University Members
Many Illinois Colleges and Universities (including Community Colleges who award 2-year Associate Degrees) can be, or currently are, institutional members of AAUW. Read about our current College/University Members.
In principle and practice, AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or class.