AAUW advances equity for women and girls through
advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
Introducing the 2016 Agent of Change – Andi Danis!
District 1 Director Mary Lillesve presents the Agent of Change award to Andi Danis (on right).
Read about Andi’s commitment to Mutual Ground, Inc. Congratulations Andi!
The Illinois Senate passed a resolution to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) to the U.S. Constitution!
- Read the handy Quick Facts – ERA.
- Read AAUW-IL member Marti Sladek’s insightful blog article about the ERA and why we need to pass it now! The article is on AAUW-IL’s Facebook page, but you don’t need a FB id to read it.
Latest AAUW Research
Some of our recent national research includes:
- Barriers and Bias: The Status of Women in Leadership
- The Simple Truth about the Gender Pay Gap
- Solving the Equation: The Variables for Women’s Success in Engineering and Computing
Who We Are
AAUW (American Association of University Women), the oldest women’s organization in the United States, was founded in 1881, and advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
Read more about AAUW at www.aauw.org
Any graduate with an associate or equivalent degree or higher may become a member of AAUW. More AAUW-Illinois membership information.
In principle and practice, AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or class.